Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A New Ministry Of Cooking with Pat

LOVE, SERVE and CONNECT

My name is Pat Howard and I am a member of the Edgewater Alliance Church.
I am currently involved in a  "Cooking With Pat" project for our church and this
venture led me to the Ocean View Nursing Home where I serve and cook with some
of the residents.  We had our FIA (Faith in Action) program last October and
a Team from Edgewater Alliance Church joined me as we served and connected with
the residents for a day.
Our Women's Ministry Director, Tiffany Locke, approached me and encouraged me
to take the nursing home porject to the next level. I accepted and teamed up with Sara
Simpson.  We are now in the process of building Teams for three (3) local nursing
homes/assisted living facilities.
If you are interested in working with us and serving a community of people who are often
forgotten please contact us.  We will keep you informed through this website as the
"Love, Serve and Connect" Ministry develops.  We welcome all volunteers to contact
us.  Information will be available at the conneXion center as well as on the Glow Girls blog under Love, Serve & Connect.
Please help us to make a difference in the community with just a few hours a month.
Thank you and God Bless,           
Pat Howard and Sara Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment