Friday, December 18, 2009

A Blessful visit at Ocean View Nursing Home!

Hi Everyone,
I wanted to share some pictures and a brief story of our experience at the Ocean View Nursing Home.  I was asked by the Activity Director to do a cooking class for a small amount of residents who wanted to be involved in the process.  On Wed. Nov. 25th. I went to the home with my granddaughter Hali who is 13 and met Marianne and Sandy there also.  We proceeded to make two apple pies and two pumpkin and had a wonderful social time with the residents who participated.  I have a heart for the elderly and so many residents at the home are part of our community, unfortunately they are often forgotten.  It was a great time of sharing and the lesson that my granddaughter Hali learned is so valuable.  To serve is to love, to give of your time is to love, to smile and hug is to love and lastly to break bread together is to love.
Hali was taking the pictures so she is not in them but you will see myself, Sandy and Marianne.  
We all left feeling blessed and rewarded.  It was a great experience! 








2 comments:

  1. What a blessing it must have been for those seniors to be able to cook again and then enjoy the fruits of their labors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a tremendous blessing to share our time and energy. We had a great day. My granddaughter, Hali, loved the experience. The seniors loved the attention and could hardly wait for the pie to cool! :)

    ReplyDelete