Friday, December 18, 2009

Our First Cooking Christmas Workshop with Pat and Friends


Hi Gal's,
I wanted to share some pictures from our Dec. 11th. workshop on "gift giving".   It was a wonderful evening and I enjoyed sharing with all of you.  Gosh, you all successfully made "Gram Jam" and many other items to take home.  Congratulations!  I have spent days in my kitchen preparing gifts to be sent to family members because nothing shows more love than a gift made from our own kitchens.  In fact, we were at our connection group last night and exchanged gifts.  Linda received ours and it was gram jam and hot cocoa.  She was thrilled!
Since our workshop I have made the chicken soup in a jar.  This is easy and fun.  
Today I will make a chocolate chip cream cheese coffee cake to try out.  
The recipe makes 2 large loaves or 3/4 mini loaves.
1.  1/4 lb. butter ( 1 stick)                  6. 2 cups flour                         1/4 cup sugar
2.  8 oz. cream cheese                       7. 1 tsp. baking powder           1 tsp. cinnamon
3.  1 1/4 cups sugar                           8. 1/2 tsp. baking soda            1/4 cup pecans
4.  2 eggs                                          9. 1/4 tsp. salt
5.  1 tsp. vanilla                               10. 1/4 cup milk
                                                       11. 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
Mix 1-5 in large bowl and beat until creamy.  Combine 6-8 in separate bowl and blend slowly into large bowl.  Stir in milk and chips with wooden spoon.
Grease pans and fill w/batter 1/2 to 3/4 full.  Combine 3 topping ingredients and sprinkle on top of each loaf.  Bake at 350 for 50-55 min.  Test by sticking a knife in loaf and if it comes out clean, it's done.

Don't forget to release air from your zip lock bag containing your starter and you can bake on Sunday Dec. 20th.  A friend of mine sent along a recipe for Friendship Cake.  It requires 1 1/2 cup of starter and is a 30 day process adding fruit every 10 days.  This will definitely be a labor and love and something you can all do with 1 1/2 cup of your starter this Sunday.  If you want to join me on this project then reserve 1 1/2 cup starter and add 2 cups of sugar and one 16oz. can sliced peaches.  Stir together in a bowl (remember no metal bowl or metal spoons) and cover loosely.  This will sit on your counter.  I will give more instructions as the days follow.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.  I am planning the next workshop for Jan. and will release a date in a few days.  We will start out the new year with "Cooking on a Budget".  Please remember to keep a notebook with all your recipes.  One of my goals is to help you create your very own personal cookbook that you are comfortable with and can enjoy.  Looking forward to an exciting year cooking all together and loving the Lord. 
John 6:35 
I'm the bread of life, whoever comes to me will never be hungry again.  
Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.     


 
Gram Jam in the making!
Faith,Cathy, Linda & Katie making gram jam. Yummy!



Busy, mixing, pouring, measuring, and packaging. Pat put us to work. But we love it!


Gram Jam, Cookies in a Jar? Oh My! Wanna trade my cookies for your jam?
No way. Let's share. Lisa and Rose having fun.

3 comments:

  1. I would love to have the Gram Jam recipe! You know how much Keith likes it! Great Blog and great service to others! You are special!
    love,
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was SO much fun! BTW...I was gone on the day that my friendship bread was to be baked so my husband baked it (Sunday)...I got home Monday and the two loaves are gone...I couldn't even try it..it was such a HUGE success!! Thank goodness I have 4 starters in the freezer! Thank you so much Pat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the bread did get baked. It sure doesn't last long in any home. I am currently working on a "Friendship Cake" which is a 30 day project. Perhaps when we all come together we can share and sample. Love and Hugs Lisa
    Looking forward to our classes this new year.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete