Monday, December 28, 2009

Cooking together with Greg (my husband)

Greg had ordered me two cookbooks for Christmas. One of the books is Perfect Pasta and the other is Julia Child, Mastering the Art of French Cooking. Needless to say I am thrilled. Infact, I received lots of goodies for my kitchen.

On our way home from church Greg and I decided to make fresh pesto and pasta. Our grandsons gave us a basil plant which is growing like crazy and I quickly cut all the leaves for this dish. We worked as a team in the kitchen, Greg used the food processor and I prepared the ingredients. It was absolutely YUMMO and very easy to make.

I encourage you to step out and try something new. Go through your cookbooks with the family and ask what they would like to eat then work as a team. This is a great opportunity to teach your children how to set a table and help out with the process. It doesn't matter if they are male or female, they should learn about the kitchen.

Enjoy a meal together soon.

Pat

2 comments:

  1. One of my goal in the new year is to get the kids more involved in the kitchen and for me to learn to make some yummy healthy breakfasts and dinners. Now I just need to find those cookbooks. ha!ha!ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great goal! I always cooked with my children while they were growing up and I cook with my granschildren. The experience is etched in their hearts forever. It is critical for your children to know the basics in a kitchen and feel comfortable. It truly is an art they can learn to love. I have lots of fun kids recipes. Stay tuned. :0)

    ReplyDelete